Hello Big Dreamers! (The 'Launch Post')
Hello big dreamers & adventurers! I am so excited you're here and reading this. For those of you who don't yet know me, I'm Ashleigh-Jade, check out My Story for a glimpse at my history and who I am. For now though, I'm 21, about to start my final year of my degree and my dream is to spend the rest of my life travelling, seeking adventure and inspiring as many people to do the same along the way. I believe in a beautiful world full of love and exciting moments that go beyond our own lives. Right now, for me, this moment is one of courage, going beyond my fears & running towards a dream that I haven't yet fully unscrambled.
I am writing to you from a little independent cafe, Box Brownie, which is just a few doors down from Shakespeare's Birth Place & hometown, Stratford Upon Avon. This town is full of history, rich in culture & has the best gelateria in the country! (More about that in the next few posts!) Anyway, I'm hoping that writing this first blog post from the same town that the best writer in the English language wrote from, might influence this piece of writing in a favourable way... Funny. Now that my lame jokes are out of the way, let's get to the meaty bit!
Today is the 1st of September which if you're in the Southern Hemisphere is the first day of SPRING, yay! All I can picture is sunshine and happy humans running in slow-motion through fields of sunflowers (dancing lady emoji). However, if like me, you are in the Northern Hemisphere, you probably put on an extra layer when you got dressed this morning as by some kind of magic temperature dropped as the calendar rolled into September. Hello Winter, please give me a few days to wrap my head around your arrival and scarf around my neck!
Seasons. I love seasons. Although Summer will always be my favourite, Winter is equally as beautiful & today, today is fresh & new which is why it seemed an appropriate day to launch a new blog into the world, but more importantly this is a new season in my life and a start of a very big adventure.
I've been working on Beyond Paper Planes for a little while now, preparing and getting things together to make it as interesting and authentic as possible. As you might imagine, I've been very torn as to what the first blog post should be about, so instead of brawling over which adventure story to tell you, I thought a simple and clear introduction to what BPP is all about & the dreams I have for it would be the best place to start.
//Sidenote: I LOVE LISTS! To-do lists, goals lists, ideas lists... I use them, a lot! If you choose to follow this blog (which I hope you do) you'll have to go with me on this and embrace 'the list'.
Here is the first one,
- BPP is about so much 'more' & aims to go 'beyond'. It's all in the name really.
- Some posts will be light, others heavier & quite deep. I'm a strong believer in balance and hope to carry this out in the blog too.
- Ultimately, this is a lifestyle blog with it's main focus being travel!
- This is a starting point. There is still so much to discover, so as I move forward in this blog, the world of travel and life in general, I invite you to journey with me as I learn and grown.
- Supporting products/businesses that are independent, hard working & with good moral ethos is very near to my heart so expect to read about much truth and let me know if that's you and you could use a little backing.
- Creativity is a big part of who I am.
"Humanity needs most for us to set creativity free from this singular category of the extraordinary and release it into the hands of the ordinary.
Creativity should be an everyday experience"
Erwin Mcmanus || The Artisan Soul
- I long to share inspiration and encourage every human heart to go beyond, to go deeper and not only thrive in life but to completely fall in love with it.
- I hope to build BPP into a business that provides endless opportunities for as many good souls as possible.
- I believe vulnerability is an important part of community, which is what I intend this blog to be. A community of life explorers.
- and lastly, the most important thing to me is being authentic & honest in each element of BPP. In the words I type & in the vlogs I make. Authentic adventure is the one that I'm after!
I hope you have enjoyed the first official post! I look forward to your feedback and building a community that encourages the human heart to thrive in all adventures!
May you never lose your wander,